Organisation/Agenda & Minutes/2007 AGM
REPORT AGM IFCA 2007
The 2007 IFCA AGM was held on October 4th in Almanarre, France at 20.00 hours.
1. Apologies for absence:
Piotr Jankowiak (Poland),
2. National associations represented by
Following persons delegated their vote to the President:
3. Adoption of the agenda
4. Minutes of the 2006 AGM
The minutes were approved
A Notice will be posted to ask for candidates for the job as sailor representative on the IFCA Board. Meanwhile Bora Kozanoglu showed interest.
5. Reports 2006/007
- Financial Report IFCA was given
total assets on 31/12/03 - 9.006,04 Eur. (= - 229,50 euro)
total assets on 31/12/04 - 9.238,41 Eur. (= + 232,37 euro)
total assets on 31/12/05 - 8.213,26 Eur. (= - 1024,79 euro)
total assets on 31/12/06 - 6.037,83 Eur. (= - 2175,79 euro)
projected budget assets on
The additional expenses for IFCA for 2007 were approved:
Expenses Stickers Jun, Youth & Masters 1000,00 euro
Expenses Media Slalom Worlds 2000,00 euro
6. Rules and Regulations
IFCA prepared 2 submissions to ISAF November meeting 2007
1) Keep windsurfing in the Olympics
2) Sailnumbers for Racing disciplines (incl. Slalom)
Both were approved by the meeting
b. IFCA World Slalom Ranking
We have now more then 400 slalom sailors in the ranking. It is working very well but should be promoted and communicated more aggressively to our MNA's!!
As a test we will limit for 2008 the Women ranking to the top 3 events/year since there are not a lot of events where ladies can participate. A separate event calendar pointing out women events should be developed and promoted. This way the few women that we have, yet can be teamed up for bigger fleets.
7. 2008 and onwards event schedule.
- 2009 Freestyle Europeans with EFPT (tbc)
- 2009 Slalom Worlds in
(combined with freestyle worlds?)
or alternatively in Squamish (
9. Any other business
Following items should be discussed in the near future with a questionnaire to our MNA's
- black flag rule or FW rule -> one over = no generall recall for ½ fleet racing…..
- angle courses = 95 degrees should be 100-120 - drawing in championship rules
- new seedings is no must after every elimination
- 30 minutes after new course or seeding is too long
- Grand Prix for organisers who want something with a bigger name than EuroCup or are outside
- prize money issue, do we need prize money for the Worlds? I think that all agreed that a title should be a value of its own and that prize money is nice but not obligatory.
- gold and silver final instead of loser…..
- first gold final and then silver final in eliminations
- midweek party
- don't end event on Sunday, end on Saturday and party….
- 2 year limit on production slalom boards to be further investigated with manufacturers before a decision is made.
- An urgent effort is needed to dynamise the website
End of the meeting 21h30