Race Officials went out by boat towards Porto Martins before the 8am scheduled meeting for the riders on another early Azorean morning here on the 3rd event day.
Porto Martins Wind measurements on the outside 9 to 14 knots
Porto Martins Wind measurements on the inside 5 to 11 knots
The boat and the race officials returns to Praia da Vitoria while some competitors were excitedly waiting for the news hoping to finally get ready for some racing.
The decision was announced at 8am; Too much of a risk to transport all 57 competitors and an amount of approx more than 100 board bags to the proposed location so, a few sails had to be re-rigged and competitors were put on standby mode throughout the day until conditions became suitable for an official race.
After Lunch time a few competitors made use of the waiting period to test their equipment in the light and gusty conditions on the course area, while the water crew constantly measured the wind conditions on several locations.
The predicted winds failed to show up this afternoon and the event has been called off for today. Tomorrow's forecast looks very .... oh well let's just wait and see.